ZA/UM is a video game studio that in 2019 released the award-winning role-playing game Disco Elysium. We have offices in London and Brighton, but our team is spread across a number of countries around the globe. Currently, the team is composed of around 50 writers, artists, developers and producers.
We are looking for a well-rounded and experienced Hard Surface Designer to join our small team of artists and designers to design and craft imaginative yet convincing vehicles and machinery.
- You will be designing all manner of vehicles and machinery from initial thumbnail sketches through to finished 2D/3D concept art or game-ready assets.
- Communicating your ideas and thought processes through rapid iterative sketch work or prototyping.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have 3+ years of demonstrable work experience as a Concept Designer, Hard Surface or Vehicle artist or in an equivalent role.
- A relevant portfolio of both finished and works in progress. Sketchbook is a bonus.
- Good interpersonal communication skills; a professional approach to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Expert visual communication skills.
- Expert understanding of distribution of detail, colour, shapes and values, composition.
- Familiarity working with digital drawing and painting software like Photoshop or Procreate.
- Familiarity in working with 3D software packages like Blender or Maya.
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles and their application to fictional vehicles and machinery.
- Good technical understanding of game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Familiarity with video game asset texturing workflows.
- You are passionate about Fine Art and Visual Design, Architecture, Game Design or all of the above.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent career development opportunities in a rapidly growing company.
- Support from more experienced colleagues.
- The chance to work with some of the best people in the video game industry.
- Flexible hybrid work model - the ability to work remotely or from the office, with occasional required in person meetings.
Please send your CV, portfolio and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
ZA/UM is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organisation - in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.