ZA/UM is a video game studio that in 2019 released the award-winning role-playing game Disco Elysium. We are based in the UK and Europe, we have offices in Porto and London. Our team is spread across a number of countries around the globe. Currently, the team is composed of over 90 writers, artists, developers and producers.
We are looking for a mid-level Unity game system engineer. We would like you to take an active role in bringing our projects to life across various platforms with a high level of polish and an eye for performance. You will work within our technology group and closely with designers and other engineers, producing code to aid gameplay functionality.
Important: For this role you must be based in Europe or on Universal Time Coordinated UTC +/- 2 hours
- Reporting directly to the project lead engineer.
- Liaising closely with the design teams, production.
- Communicating engineering requirements and constraints to ensure project viability.
- Programming features to aid all aspects of the game project.
- Producing robust, prompt, stable, cross-platform and optimised coding solutions.
- Maintaining specialisation in Unity and C#.
- Documenting and communicating updates, new technologies and findings.
Skills & requirements
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- A professional, considerate, and encouraging team player.
- Experience with developing in Unity with at least 2 years working as a programmer in the video games industry.
- Substantial experience working in C# and object-oriented programming.
- Self-motivation and a proactive learner.
- Work well in a remote environment.
- Experienced in profiling and optimisation.
- You are a fan of CRPGs and role-playing games in general.
- You have previously shipped titles whilst in a similar role.
- You have experience developing on Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo platforms.
- You also have experience working with C++.
- Competitive salary - Living Wage Accredited employer
- Excellent career development opportunities in a rapidly growing studio.
- Flexible hybrid work model - the ability to work remotely or from the office, with occasional required in-person meetings.
- Private medical and dental cover
- Personal L&D annual budget
- Full studio closure over Christmas
- Industry-leading parental leave
- Childcare support
How to apply
To submit your Unity Gameplay Engineer application: Please send your CV and motivation letter here.
ZA/UM is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organisation - in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.